Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Going Home" oil on canvas, 24 x 30


After spending some time on some smaller paintings and some commissions, I was chomping at the bit to work on something larger. Earlier this year, when I was out painting, I came upon this scene heading home. It was one of the moments when I slammed on my breaks in the car; a "this is it" moment. I was wanting to create a sense of luminosity in the clouds with a feeling of back lighting coming through the trees on this early fall afternoon. It had been raining that morning, so there were a few puddles here and there. While a challenge, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed every brush stroke in this piece.
"Going Home"
oil on canvas, 24 x 30
please contact me for framing options and purchase information
www.andreworr.com
artsteph1@aol.com

No comments: