Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"The Goldenrod of August" oil on canvas 12 x 16


I realized it had been some time since I posted to my blog; I have been painting so much lately that it seems to have been put on the back burner. Now that the weather is turning cooler I thought I would spend some time sharing some of the pieces on which I have been working. I have also been working on a group of paintings for a solo exhibition of my work to be displayed at the South Street Gallery in Hingham, MA. The exhibition opens November 6 and continues through December 3, 2009. Please see the advertisement in the November issue of American Art Collector where I am also honored to be included in their segment, "Artist Focus."
"The Goldenrod of August"
oil on canvas, 12 x 16
www.andreworr.com
artsteph1@aol.com

Andrew Orr-Recent Paintings

November 6 through December 3, 2009
South Street Gallery
149 South Street
Hingham, MA 02043

Opening reception November 6 from 6:00 until 9:00 p.m.

For more information please see our advertisement in the November issue of American Art Collector magazine or visit us on the web at www.southstreetgallery.com

1 comment:

Matt H. said...

Late summer is beautiful on the east coast. The grasses are turning golden and the wildflowers are blooming. Nice job capturing these underappreciated flowers - everyone blames goldenrod for allegeries, when it is usually ragweed that causes the problem.

Anyway, great painting!