Sunday, September 23, 2012

Light of a Summer's Day, oil on panel, 16 x 24

Summer has come to a close in Vermont...and what a summer it has been! This painting was one of the pieces I completed earlier this summer and was part of a show at the American Museum of Fly Fishing in Manchester, VT. It is probably one of my favorite all time painting locations on the Mettawee River just at North Granville, NY. I thought it would be a good piece for the show as many times when I am down there sketching there are folks doing some fishing. At times, there are even some cattle that are in the water...it makes for a beautiful scene no matter the season. Now that the leaves are changing, I am going to have to make it over there to see the variation of color. I think I have just created tomorrow's assignment. Light of a Summer's Day Oil on panel 16 x 24 sold www.andreworr.com

No comments: