Monday, March 12, 2012

Raging Rapids, oil on panel, 16 x 24


This painting was both challenging and exciting create. I really enjoyed the contrast between light and dark tones in the water not to mention painting the rocks and the trees. The challenge was in trying to replicated the intensity of light on the scene which I felt when I saw this area in early autumn last year. Additionally, I wanted the viewer to almost feel the spray of the rushing water over the rocks. It took several weeks to complete and I think the time was worth my effort. In fact, I am finding that the more time I take on each painting, I not only enjoy the process but feel that I am completing paintings which more complete in their overall impact. The key is in balancing the spontaneity of the beginning, the labor of the process and the excitement of heading towards the finish.
www.andreworr.com

artsteph1@aol.com

No comments: