Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Late Summer Harvest" oil on canvas, 16 x 12


This is the time of year when the vegetable garden begins to slow up and the leaves start to show thier touches of fall color. The flower garden also begins to fade to prepare for the winter ahead. I love this time of year and can not wait for the fall colors to begin. Its a time of year when one can sense the passage of time. I pulled this painting together from a few remaining flowers from the garden and some freshly picked wild apples. I liked the color combinations as well as the combinations of textures with the fabric and the metal of the copper pot. I was so pleased by the setting that I decided to do a second painting in a larger format. Maybe next time I will try some pumpkins and gourds...hmmm, ideas, ideas.
"Late Summer Harvest"
oil on canvas, 16 x 12
695.00 unframed, plus shipping
please contact me directly for payment information

1 comment:

AJ said...

Wonderful- great work with the reflection on the copper!