Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Old Barns, Poultney, VT" oil on canvas, 9 x 12


Living in rural Vermont has provided me with a wealth of information and material for my paintings. While I tend to work with still life and landscape subjects, working with architectural elements is somewhat new to me. I have thoroughly enjoyed painting covered bridges, barns and old houses and am looking forward to a lifetime of painting and enjoyment of such subjects. This barn and other outbuildings are located near my home. The barn faces west and has had years of exposure to the sun and elements. The paint or stain is almost completely worn giving a great weathered feeling to the building. The sides however, mostly in shadow, retain their typical barn red. I painted this scene using fall colors, but I am sure I will return to this area as I can visualize the setting in all seasons and weather conditions.
“Old Barns, Poultney, VT”
9 x 12, oil on canvas
595.00 unframed, plus shipping












No comments: