Thursday, June 9, 2011

Late Afternoon, Lake St. Catherine, VT, 7 x 16, oil on canvas


So here I am thinking, what am I going to work on next and blammo, it hits like a ton of bricks. We have a lake just south of town, a wonderful lake with a great history for the community. I often drive by and think, someday I should find some material from the lake from which to try and create some paintings. I guess that day has come. This is the first of some smaller studies I have done from various locations around the lake. This happens to be the section referred to as the little lake. A bit different for me, regarding moving water and the inclusion of boats and structures. It was fun. So, we'll see what else I can come up with.

Late Afternoon, Lake St. Catherine, VT
oil on canvas, 7 x 16
please contact me directly for purchase inquiries
artsteph1@aol.com
www.andreworr.com