Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Late Afternoon Along the Poultney River" oil on canvas, 8 x 10, unframed


Having grown up in New Mexico, I was not fully prepared, on some levels for a New England winter. I think, in my mind, I had an idea that it snowed, everyday, was cold, everyday and that the sun did not shine from late November until sometime in mid-May. While there are many dark and very cold days of winter...it was minus 7 this morning, my initial impression was quite false. There are many beautiful bright and clear winter days after all! It is not always that cold it can be quite warm walking around on a bright winter day. This is one tiny portion of many of the discoveries now living in my adopted Vermont. The day I painted this piece was cold but warm, in the sun. The warm, late afternoon light streaming through the trees created a beautiful moment and I hope through this little painting you can feel the warmth of the winter sun on an otherwise very cold day.
artsteph1@aol.com
www.andreworr.com
"Late Afternoon on the Poultney River"
oil on mounted canvas
8 x 10
350.00 unframed, plus shipping





No comments: