Thursday, January 29, 2009

Peonies, Hydrangeas and Blue, oil on canvas, 20 x 24


As it has been so cold lately, I haven't really had the opportunity to get outside to do some painting. It's been nice to work on a still life in a slightly different direction than other still life paintings. I was aiming for a sense of strong light direction and drama in this piece. I also wanted to express strong contrast in textures from the translucent quality of the porcelain, reflective nature of the brass container, the fabric and then the textural elements of the peonies. I think every painting can be a learning experience and a building block to the next piece. I think, in part, that is the draw to the act of creating.
"Peonies, Hydrangeas and Blue"
20 x 24, oil on canvas
please contact me directly for purchase options
artsteph1@aol.com
www.andreworr.com

No comments: