Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Empire Apple At Rest," 5 x 7, oil on canvas on board


I went apple picking a couple of weeks ago; the day could not have been better. It was a beautiful fall day with a light crisp breeze and bright sunshine. I have thoroughly enjoyed painting several apple studies this fall this one included. I am not sure why I am so drawn to this subject; they are always a challenge to paint...who knows, maybe that is the draw. I always tell my students that painting fruit is like painting a portrait. Each piece of fruit has slight variations which are unique, they have a character and a life all their own. I always try to have a few leaves in my apple studies as well;they have a character and sense of humor in the way they twist and curl. It may sound strange, but I don't want to paint just a piece of fruit, I want to paint the bright clear day, the crisp air, the fun of picking apples with a loved one. This is a lofty goal in a piece of canvas 5 x 7 inches.
"Empire Apple at Rest"
oil on canvas on board, 5 x 7
100.00 unframed, plus shipping
please contact me directly for payment details
artsteph1@aol.com
www.andreworr.com

No comments: