Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Late Fall Afternoon at Ruth's Pond" oil on board, 8 x 10


This piece is another of plein air studies from earlier this fall. I loved the trunk and branches of this old maple located at the edge of a pond on the property of a friend of mine. The leaves were falling as I was painting, only a few really remained. It was late in the afternoon and the sun was quickly setting on that area of the pond with just a few lights hitting the tree here and there. As with all of my outdoor studies, I think there might be some information contained in the piece which might find its way into a larger piece. Above all, now that the days are cooler, I can think of no better way to experience the wonder of the fall season than working outdoors.
"Late Fall Afternoon at Ruth's Pond"
oil on board
350.00 unframed, plus shipping
please contact me directly for payment details
artsteph1@aol.com
www.andreworr.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting a lot. You captured the essence of a bright, fall day. -- Ann C.